Guide to Graduate Studies
The following information will assist you, the graduate student, in meeting University and School of Music requirements for the various curricula leading to Master's degrees. For more information, see the Graduate Catalog.
Remember that you, the graduate student, are responsible for knowledge of and meeting all deadlines, as well as completing the appropriate curricula. You, not your advisor, bear the ultimate responsibility for selecting courses, meeting course prerequisites, and adhering to university policies and procedures.
Because deadline dates change from semester to semester, you should also consult the Graduate School website.
Information for Incoming Students
General Information for Current Students
- Faculty Advisor
- The Masters Committee
- Course Load
- Credit Requirements
- Language Requirements (Musicology Students Only)
- Ensemble Participation
- Independent Study and Special Topics Courses
- Changing Degree Programs and Concentrations
- Academic Termination
Information on Graduation Requirements
- Admission to Candidacy
- Comprehensive Examinations
- Time Limit
- Applying for Graduation
- Final Projects for Non-Thesis Programs
Rotation of Courses
- Musicology (MUCO) – 2014-17
- Music Education (MUED) – 2014-17
- Music Ensemble (MUEN) – 2014-17
- Music Instrument (MUIN) – 2014-17
- Music Jazz (MUJZ) – 2014-17
- Music Keyboard (MUKB) – 2014-17
- Music Performance (MUPF) – 2014-17
- Music (MUSC) – 2014-16
- Music Technology (MUTC) – 2014-16
- Music Theory (MUTH) – 2014-16
- Music Voice (MUVC) – 2014-16
Other Resources of Interest
School of Music Graduate Handbook
This publication includes official University statements on requirements for admission, registration, grades, graduation, curricula, course descriptions, and other important information.
This is the official Handbook for UT students, covering information on general campus policies and procedures, standards of conduct, academic policies and procedures, and information about student support, services, and organizations.
The Semester Schedule of Classes
This on-line publication contains the schedule of courses to be offered and detailed procedures for registration.