- One-Year Lecturer in Music Theory
- Lecturer in Violin
- Teacher of Piano and Piano Pedagogy
- Artist-Teacher of Piano/Sandra G. Powell Endowed Professorship
- Assistant Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
- Assistant Professor of Trombone
- Graduate Assistantships (ongoing)
- Tutoring Positions in the Music Learning Center
Tutors will assist students registered for undergraduate or graduate music theory and ear training courses learn course material. Tutors will NOT do or correct homework assignments for students.
Tutors are paid $8.00-10.00 per hour for their services. These positions are not Graduate Assistantships; therefore, they do not carry a tuition waiver or stipend.
Students interested in becoming tutors should:
- Undergraduate Students: Have passed Theory I-IV and Ear Training I-IV with a B or better.
- Graduate Students: Have passed the Theory and Ear Training Diagnostic Exams.
- Interview with the theory faculty.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admissions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Eligibility and other terms and conditions of employment benefits at The University of Tennessee are governed by laws and regulations of the State of Tennessee, and this non-discrimination statement is intended to be consistent with those laws and regulations.
In accordance with the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, The University of Tennessee affirmatively states that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or disability in its education programs and activities, and this policy extends to employment by the University.
Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.